Stuffed Egg – Vegetable Chapathy / Paratha:
Ingredients to make dough :
· Wheat flour – 1 cup
· Salt – as needed
· Water as needed
Ingredients to make stuffing:
· Egg - 2
· Onion – 1 finely chopped
· Grated Carrot – 3 spns
· Grated Cabbage – 3 spns
· Salt as needed
· Chilli paste – ½ to 1 spn
· Salt as needed
· Oil as needed
Preparation : (for stuffing )
· Wash ,peel and chopped all the veggies.
· In a bowl , beaten the eggs by adding little salt.
· Heat oil in a pan , add chopped onions and saute till they turn transparent pink.
· Then add green chilli paste and all the veggies one by one and saute well.
· Add enough salt , atlast add the beaten eggs, let it allow to solidify for few mins , then scramble the egg along with the veggies with ladle.
· Allow it to cook along with the veggies for few mins. Check the salt.
· Stuffing is ready.
· Take wheat flour in a bowl , add water and salt.
· Mix well. Add water a few tablespoons at a time and knead as soft and smooth dough.
· Make equal lemon sized balls and set aside for 30 mins.
· Prepare chapathys by rolling out a lemon sized amount of dough on a flour dusted surface.
· Do it gently as it tends to tear easily
· Then place the spoonful of stuffing on the top of the chapathy and spread it gently.
· Then place one more chapathy over the stuffing and then gently close the edges of the chapathys by pressing with your hands (by touching little water)
· Heat dosa tawa , add the roti carefully, cook till it lightly turns colour, flip over and cook the other side till light brown spots starts appearing. Done!
Egg veg stuffed chapathy/roti is ready..serve hot with kurmas of your choice.. J