Small Onion Chutney For Dosa and oothapam:
· Small onions – 2 cups
· Red chilli – 12 to 14 ( but I used green chilli – 8)
· Salt as needed
· Tamarind paste – ¼ spn
· Grated coconut – 1 cup
· Coriander chopped – 1 spn
To temper :
· Oil – 1 spn
· Mustard seeds – 1 spn
· Urad dal – ½ spn
· Heat the pan, dry roast the red chili (if used) for few mins.keep it aside.
· Then add grated coconut and roast it till they turn slight brown. keep it aside.
· Then heat oil in a pan , add chopped onions , sauté till they turn light golden brown..
· Switch off the flame and let it allow to cool.
· In a mixie, grind the chillies, salt, tamarind, coconut first and grind it to finely.
· Then add onion mixture and grind it to a coarse with enough salt . Transfer it to serving dish.(add water if u need)
· Heat oil in a pan ,and add the tempering items.
· Pour it over the chutney .Done !
Small onion chutney is ready.. serve with dosa or oothapam J