Boiled Egg Vadai:
It has been serve as a evening snack .Try it and enjoy the taste J
· Kadalai paruppu / split channa dal– 1 cup
· Boiled eggs – 2
· Rice flour – 1 spn (optional)
· Onion – ½ cup finely chopped
· Red chilli – 2
· Asafetida – a pinch
· Sombu – ¼ spn
· Curry leaves - few
· Coriander leaves – 2 spn finely chopped
· Salt as needed
· Soak kadalai parupu in water for 1 hour .
· Then drain the water completely and blend it in a grinder with red chilli, salt , asafetida and sombu to a coarse batter.
· Boil the eggs with a pinch of salt. Discard the outer shell and cut the boiled eggs into small pieces.
· Take the coarse batter in a bowl, add egg pieces and onion,coriander ,curry leaves and mix well and make them into a vadai batter consistency(like paruppu vadai or masala vadai)
· Rice flour gives crispyness to the vada so add just one spoon.
· Take small portion from the batter and flatten it slightly and form a disc shape.
· Heat oil in a pan, drop the discs gently and fry both sides until golden brown.
· Place it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
· Repeat the same process for the rest of the vadai batter. Done!
Yummy Egg vadai is ready.. serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee J