Ragi onion Pakora (pakoda):
· Onion – 1 small cut lengthwise
· Ragi flour – ½ cup
· Rice flour – 2 spn
· Red chilli powder – ¾ to 1 spn
· Salt as needed
· Crushed garlic – 2 (optional) I am not used
· Water – little
· Oil for deep fry
· In a bowl ,mix well the onions with salt with your hand. Set aside for few mins. It leaves some water.
· Then add chilli powder, ragi flour and rice flour mix well. Just sprinkle little water.( do not add more water)
· Mix well everything and make a thick crumbly dough.
· Heat oil for deep frying. Take the pakoda mix and drop them breaking into pieces. Do not ball them or shape it. It should be shapeless.
· Fry until golden brown, stirring in between.
· Remove it from the oil and drain the excess oil by using colander or paper towel.. done !
Yummy ragi onion pakoda is ready.. serve hot with a cup of coffee or tea J