Beetroot –peas poriyal:
It is a perfect sidedish for rasam rice,sambar rice and curd rice.
· Beetroot – 1 medium
· Peas – ¼ cup
· Onion – 1 finely chopped
· Sambar powder – 1 spn
· Salt as needed.
· Curry leaves
For temper :
· Oil – 1 spn
· Mustard seeds – ½ spn
· Urad dal – ½ spn
· Peel, wash and cut beetroot into small pieces.
· Wash and Pressure cook the peas until soft.
· Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds.When it splutters add urad dal and sauté till turns light brown.
· Next add chopped onions and sauté well til turn pink.
· Then add chopped beetroot, sambar powder ,salt and little water.
· Stir well cover cooked for 10 to 15 mins until beetroots are softened.
· Next add cooked peas and cook it for five more mins.
· Once the beetroot and peas are incorporated together, add grated coconut,mix well.switch off the flame.
Serve hot with rice. J