Tasty Carrot Halwa:
Carrot Halwa or Gajar Halwa is a simple and tasty pudding made very quickly by using pressure cooker. This saves lot of time and also fuel.
· Grated carrot – 2 cup
· Sugar- ½ cup
· Milk – ¾ cup
· Cardomam powder – pinch
· Ghee – 3 spn
· Salt – a pinch
· Cashew -10 nos
· Raisins – 10 nos
· Wash ,peel and grate the carrots.
· Heat ghee in a pan and fry the grated carrots for 2-3 mins and keep it aside.
· Heat ghee in a pan and fry raisins till they puff up , and fry cashew nuts till it turn golden brown. Keep aside.
· Add grated carrots and milk to the pressure cooker and cook it for 1 whistle.
· Once the pressure subsides,take off the lid ,stir continuously until all the milk is absorbed by the carrots.
· Next add sugar and cook the mixture for 15 mins on high flame till the excess liquid dries off and it becomes almost dry.
· It is important to keep stirring to avoid carrots getting burnt at the bottom.
· Atlast add roasted cashews ,raisins and cardoman powder. mix well.
Tasty Halwa is ready to eat J enjoy ….