Home Made Herbal Juice / Syrup / Khasayam for Common Cold, Cough:
Khasayam is the term used by south Indians to treat cold, cough, fever ,headache etc…It is easily prepared at home with some easily available herbs. Kashayam is prepared by boiling water with some herbs and the liquid is boiled until it reduces to half in its level.
This syrup is suitable for both kids and adults.
· Sitharathai / Thai Ginger – 1 inch (crushed)
· Pepper – 1 spn (powder it)
· Turmeric powder – ¼ spn
· Raisins – 10 nos
· Panangal kandu as needed
· Water – 1 cup
· In a heavy bottomed vessel, add crushed sitharathai, powdered pepper, turmeric powder, raisins and panangal kandu with 1 cup of water.
· Allow it to boil till the level of water reduced to half.
· Filter it and drink twice a day with milk or without milk to treat cold and cough.
· For adults :
Take ¼ to ½ cup of syrup and boil with ½ cup of milk for 3 to 4 mins. Add panangal kandu and drink it warm twice a day.
· For children :
Take 2 or 3 spns of syrup and boil with ½ cup of milk .Add panangal kandu and give it warm twice a day.
· You can also increase the amount of panangal kandu and raisins in the khasayam. Its relieves quickly sore troat , common cold and cough.
· You can use this khasayam for 3 days by adding water.