· Gram flour – 1 cup
· Rice flour – 3 or 4 spns
· Omam / Ajwain seeds – 1 spn
· Salt as needed
· Red chilli powder – ¼ spn (optional)
· Oil as needed
· Soak the omam in 1/3 cup of hot water for 15 mins.
· Then grind the omam in mixie and filter it along with the soaked water.
· Use this water to make dough.
· Sieve the flours to avoid impurities.
· In a bowl , mix all the ingredients like gram flour, rice flour, salt , omam water and 3 spns of hot oil / ghee.
· Mix well everything and make a thick sticky dough without any lumps.
· Heat oil in a pan, squeezr the dough through the omapodi press.
· Just do circles.wait for few secs till the dough cooked well.
· Flip it , when the oil sound subsides, take out and drain in the kitchen towel.
Then break it into pieces. Done !
Crispy omapodi is ready J