Finger Millet ( Ragi ) Vadai:
It has been serve as a evening snack .Try it and enjoy the taste J
· Ragi flour – 1 cup
· Raw peanuts – ½ cup
· Roasted gram ( chutney kadalai / pottu kadalai) – ½ cup
· Onion – 1 cup finely chopped
· Green chilli – 2
· Asafetida – a pinch
· Curry leaves - few
· Coriander leaves – 2 spn finely chopped
· Salt as needed
· Grind raw peanuts and roasted gram in a mixie to a coarse powder.
· Take the coarse powder in a bowl, add ragi flour , green chilli and onion,coriander ,curry leaves and mix well and make them into a vadai batter consistency(like paruppu vadai or masala vadai)
· Take small portion from the batter and flatten it slightly and form a disc shape. dont make too thick ot thin vadai.
· Heat oil in a pan, drop the discs gently and fry both sides until golden brown.
· Place it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
· Repeat the same process for the rest of the vadai batter. Done!
Yummy Ragi vadai is ready.. serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee J