Yellow Pumpkin chutney with Peanut For Idly ,Dosa and oothapam:
· Yellow pumpkin – 2 cups (cut into small pieces)
· Grated coconut – 2 spn
· Red chilli – 5 to 7
· Salt as needed
· Roasted peanuts – ¼ cup
· Tamarind – a little
· Asafetida – a pinch
· Urad dal – 1 spn
· Channa dal – ½ spn
To temper :
· Oil – 1 spn
· Mustard seeds – 1 spn
· Urad dal – ½ spn
· Curry leaves - few
· Peel the skin, wash and cut the pumpkins into small pieces.
· Heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida ,channa dal and urad dal , saute till urad dal turn brown.
· Then add chopped pumpkins and saute well. Then add little water and allow it to cook till it becomes soft.
· Then add grated coconut ,saute and mix everything well.
· Switch off the flame and let it allow to cool.
· In a mixie, grind the red chillies, salt, rasted peanuts,tamarind first and grind it to finely.
· Then add pumpkin coconut mixture and grind it to a fine paste with enough salt . Transfer it to serving dish.(add water if u need)
· Heat oil in a pan ,and add the tempering items.
· Pour it over the chutney .Done !
Yummy pumpkin chutney is ready.. serve with idly or dosa or oothapam J