Green Kurma with Egg for Chapathy (Kurma with Amaranthus Leaves / Thandu keerai and Egg :
· Egg - 3
· Amamranthus leaves /Thandu keerai / Mulai keerai – 2 cups
· Onion – 2 finely chopped
· Tomato – 2 chopped
· Chilli powder – 3 spn
· Garam masala – ½ spn
· Turmeric powder – ¼ spn
· Salt as needed
To make a paste:
· Grated coconut – ½ cup
· Onion – ¼ piece
· Oil / ghee / butter – 2 spn
· wash and cut the leaves ,onion and tomatoes.
· Grind grated coconut with onion in a blender with little water and make a fine paste.
· Beaten the eggs in a bowl by adding little eggs.
· Heat oil/ ghee/butter in a pan.
· Then add chopped onions and saute till they turn golden colour.
· Then add the chopped tomatoes and sauté well till they turn mushy..
· Then add all the spicy powders and water with enough salt.
· Allow it to boil for 10mins.
· Then add the green leaves and mix well . check the salt. If required add water.
· Close the pan with lid and Cook it for 5 mins.
· Atlast add the beaten eggs, when the eggs starts to solidify , cut the eggs into pieces with the ladle. Stir continuously to break the eggs into pieces.
· Cover and cook it for 10 mins. Done !
Green kurma is ready .serve hot with chapathy or roti J