Rava – coconut Barfi :
· Rava / sooji – ½ cup
· Grated coconut – ½ cup
· Sugar – 1 cup
· Water – 2 cups
· Cardamom powder – a pinch
· Measure and sieve the rava without any impurities.
· Dry roast the rava and grated coconut separately till turn slight golden colour.
· ( My mother usually pulse the rava in a mixie for a sec to get a milky rava barfi)
· Grease a plate or square pan with ghee and keep it aside.
· In a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar and water.
· Bring it to boil. It should be form string consistency.
· Add cardamom powder. Now slowly add the roasted coconut rava mixture to the syrup.
· Stir it continuously without any lumps.
· At one stage the barbi will gater like that of a halwa.
· That is it starts leaving its sides.
· This is the right consistency, pour it in the greased pan / plate.
· When it still warm, slice it with the buttered knife.
· Store it in an air tight container after it cools down completely.
Rava coconut barfi Pak is ready .. J