Green Gram Dal Urundai / Ladoo / sweet Balls:
Pachai Payiru urundai is a traditional sweet prepared during the festival of Deepavali.
Happy Diwali wishes to all my dear friends J
· Green gram dal - ¾ cup ( if u grind it , you can get 1 cup green gram flour)
· Sugar – 1 cup
· Ghee as needed
· Cashew nuts – cut into small pieces
· Cardamom powder – a pinch
· Dry roast the whole green gram dal till they turn light brown and grind them in a mixie and make a fine powder.
· Grind the sugar also to a fine powder.
· Heat ghee in a pan and sauté the cashews until they turn golden brown.
· In a wide plate or wide vessel , mix together the powdered green gram , powdered sugar, roasted cashews and cardamom powder.
· Melt needed ghee in a pan and add to the mixture little at a time. Mix well and roll the ladoo in this mixture.( make sure that the ghee is warm). Done !
Yummy laddos are ready J enjoy the deepavali J