OlaPakoda /Ribbon Murukku :
· Gram flour – 1 cup
· Rice flour - 1 ½ cup
· Asafoetida powder – ½ spn
· Salt as needed
· Hot oil / ghee / butter –4 spns
· Red chilli powder as needed
· Oil as needed for golden fry
· Sieve the flours to avoid impurities.
· mix well the asafetida in 3 spns of hot water. Use this water to make dough.
· In a bowl , mix all the ingredients like gram flour, rice flour, salt , asafetida water , chili powder and 3 spns of hot oil / ghee.
· Mix well everything and make a thick sticky dough by adding little water without any lumps.
· Heat oil in a pan, squeeze the dough through the olapakoda hole shaped Murukku press.
· Just do circles.wait for few secs till the dough cooked well.
· Flip it , when the oil sound subsides, take out and drain in the kitchen towel.
Then break it into pieces. Done
Yummy olapakoda is ready J