Gram flour – coconut Barfi :
· Gram flour – 1 cup
· Grated coconut – ½ cup
· Sugar – ½ to ¾ cup
· Water – just to cover the sugar
· Cardamom powder – a pinch
· Roasted Cashews – 10 quatered
· Measure and sieve the gram flour without any impurities.
· Dry roast the gram flour and grated coconut separately till turn slight golden colour.
· Grease a plate or square pan with ghee and keep it aside.
· In a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar and water.
· Bring it to boil. It should be form string consistency.
· Add cardamom powder. Next add the roasted cashews.
· Now slowly add the roasted coconut gram flour mixture to the syrup.
· Stir it continuously without any lumps.
· At one stage the barbi will gather like that of a halwa.
· That is it starts leaving its sides.
· This is the right consistency, pour it in the greased pan / plate.
· When it still warm, slice it with the buttered knife.
· Keep it in a fridge for ¾ to 1 hour.
Gram flour -coconut barfi is ready .. J