Pasta with Fried brinjals:
· Pasta – 1 cup (water – 2 to 3 cups)
· Onion – 1 finely chopped
· Brinjal – 1 cut lengthwise
· Red chilli powder/ sambar powder – 1 to 1 ¼ spn
· Salt as needed
· Tomato sauce – 2 spn
· Coriander leaves for garnishing
For seasoning :
· Oil – 2 spn
· Mustard seeds – ½ spn
· Curry leaves few
· Wash and slice the brinjal lengthwise. Just sprinkle little salt on it and fry in oil to a light golden colour.
· Boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a pan , add salt and 1 spn of oil , add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 mins.
· Each pasta takes different amount of time to cook. check the package instructions.
· After the pasta cooks, drain all the water.
· Add some cold water, rinse and drain the cold water also. keep it aside.
· Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning one after another.
· Then add onions and sauté for few mins.
· Then add spicy powder, and salt (if required sprinkle little water) and stir for 3 min till the raw smell goes off.
· Add the tomato sauce , fried brinjals and cooked pasta and mix well to coat the masala all over the pasta.
· Cook it for 5 more mins,. Toss well and remove from heat.
· Garnish with coriander leaves.
Pasta with fried brinjals are ready.. serve hot J