· Tapioca / Maravalli Kilangu - ½ piece (peel,boil, cut into cubes)
· Onion – 2 finely chopped
· Tomato – 1 chopped
· Sambar powder – 1 spn
· Turmeric powder – ¼ spn
· Grated coconut – 2 spn (optional)
· Salt as needed
For seasoning :
· Oil – 2 spn
· Mustard seeds – 1 spn
· Channa dal – 2 spn
· Curry leaves – few
· Peel the skin, boil the maravalli kilangu by adding little water. Allow it to cool and cut into small sized cubes.
· Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds when it splutters, add channa dal sauté till it becomes golden brown. Then add curry leaves.
· Next add chopped onions and sauté till turn pink.
· Then add tomatoes and fry till it turn mushy.
· Then add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt along with little water and sauté till raw smell goes off.
· Then add grated coconut (if using) and mix well. Cover it and cook for few mins.
· Atlast add the chopped tapioca pieces and toss well til the masala coated on all pieces. Cook it for 3 – 4 mins . Done!
Tapioca masala is ready.. serve with steamed rice.. J